There will be scheduled maintenance on July 25 at 03:00 UTC. We will be performing core software and game components upgrades and updates. In addition, we will be performing some preparatory work for our new forums and other features.
See the forums for more details.
The bug in which loadfactors would drop considerably based on changes in marketing spend has been tentatively fixed (tonight's auto-scheduler run will tell for sure).
If you have good loadfactors and drop marketing spend, your loadfactors should no longer instantly drop the next time routes are scheduled. It should be a gradual decline, as was originally intended with this feature.
During daily maintenance tonight, the game will begin to calculate route awareness. Right now this is based off of the frequency (number of times you fly) each route. (one route meaning an origin -> destination pair). If you fly a route more often, it will have higher awareness. The way route awareness is calculated will evolve in the coming weeks with the adjustment of how airline marketing works and the addition of route-specific marketing campaigns.
Currently, there is no way to see the route awareness of each route you fly. Most likely it will be added to the route overview page, but we are also working on improving the efficiency of that page since at the moment it can take quite long to load depending on how many routes you operate.
The following updates have been implemented into the awareness system:
1) Marketing now takes 7 days to "ramp up" and receive full benefits, but it also takes 7 days for the effect to fully deplete if you remove any marketing.
2) Natural growth rate of awareness has increased slightly.
3) You can now view a daily history of your awareness by clicking the awareness icon on the airline overview page. For now it is a simple list, but eventually it will be a graph.
Remember, it is not necessarily required to max out marketing. Your marketing ROI depends on how you allocate your budget among the various options. Each marketing type has a "sweet spot" where you will get the best return on your investment.
This weekend we will make two changes:
a) Marketing will have a "lingering" effect - Awareness will slowly accumulate and then slowly degrade when you set or remove marketing.
b) Natural growth rate of awareness will be increased slightly.
This should make the start of the game slightly easier than it is right now. We are also working on a new quick-start guide to help better explain how the game works in it's current version.
Welcome to the reset game world! A few changes have been made to the game, so please take some time to read about them:
1) Gate utilization has been enabled again. Dedicated gates give you 10 slots per day, and shared gates give you one slot. Each time you land at an airport, you use one slot. If you land at an airport with insufficient slots, you will have to pay a penalty that is higher than the cost of 1 shared gate. Additionally, airports now have limits on the number of dedicated gates each airline can lease, based on the size of the airport. The limit ranges from 4 to 10 gates. There is no limit on the number of shared gates you can lease. In the future, terminal buildings will be implemented as an option in the infrastructure page. We would also like to have aircraft use different amounts of slots based on their turnaround time, but that will be implemented in the future.
2) Marketing and airline awareness has been fully implemented. Awareness is not simply a re-branded reputation. Reputation does not factor into awareness at all, instead it consists of: airline age, marketing spend, the size of the airports you serve, number of routes, number of countries you have a presence in, and number of passengers transported. For a brand new airline, awareness will be low. As you expand and fly to more destinations, your awareness will increase. Spending on marketing is crucial if you want to increase your awareness at a faster rate. Marketing is charged daily.
3) You can now reset your airline once per week instead of once every two weeks.
4) DC-9-30 and DC-3 have been added to the game, and several aircraft including the MRJ and A319CJ have been removed. Several aircraft received updates to their in-game specifications. Fuel consumption has been adjusted for the ATR family, and maintenance costs for prop aircraft have been reduced by 10%.
5) Interest rates on both the initial starter loans as well as normal loans have tripled, and you are now required to make a minimum daily payment on loans equal to 2x the interest charge (this is done automatically, and all payments go towards the principal of the loan).
6) Some older aircraft and aircraft that are out of production are now limited. There is only a certain number of them in rotation within the game world, and once all aircraft are owned by players, no new ones will be generated on the used aircraft market. Additionally, exceptionally old and brand new aircraft are less likely to appear on the used market.
7) Some adjustments have been made to the number of employees required.
8) The "2nd day skip" bug that would occur when you activate a new route, where flights would schedule for that day, but not the following day (as the route did not exist when the auto scheduler ran), has been fixed. Now upon activation of a route, the game will schedule the flights for both today, and tomorrow if applicable.
9) Quick flights are now known as transfer flights, and do not transport any passengers.
10) There have also been many bug fixes and minor enhancements, some you will see, and some are purely in the back-end. A patch was applied to the route activation system so that you can now start a transfer flight and then schedule a route that starts after the transfer flight has finished turnaround. Search boxes have also been implemented on some pages across the game. Further UI enhancements are in the pipeline as well.
So you may be wondering why the game reset is taking so long. Well, we would like to announce that the team behind Airline Enterprise has started a new game called Airport Baggage Handler Simulator 2019!
Airport Baggage Handler Simulator 2019 will put you at the front lines of airport baggage handling, from dealing with overweight bags at the check-in desk to driving the baggage trucks. You will get to carefully load all sorts of baggage into the belly of your favorite aircraft! Experience the thrill of handling baggage like never before, and be careful not to break aunt Betty's precious pearl necklace she bought on her trip to the Bahamas!
Airport Baggage Handler Simulator 2019 is slated to be released at the end of April and will revolutionize the genre of PC Simulation! Pre-Order today for only $29.99 (Plus S&H).
As we are nearing the next game reset, I want to inform everyone of some updates/patches that were made to the game over this past weekend:
1) You can now choose a cabin config to be installed when purchasing a new aircraft. (in addition to leasing, which was added last month). Also, you will no longer pay the installation cost until the aircraft is actually delivered - this goes for both leasing and buying new aircraft.
2) Territories have been implemented into political restrictions. For more info and to see a list of territories in the game, see this post on our forums.
3) A route scheduling bug that sometimes allowed flights to be scheduled even though the aircraft assigned to the route was not located at the initial departure airport of the route, has been fixed.
4) A change was made to the route activation script - upon route activation (Flipping the switch on the route overview page), the route will schedule for the next TWO days - either today, and tomorrow, or tomorrow and the day after (depending on the departure time of the route and the time of activation). This should solve the "2nd day skip" bug that we have been having. Please let me know if you have any issues, notice duplicated flights, flights being scheduled at the wrong dates/times, etc.
Hopefully in early April we will be able to get the new server set up and perform the game reset.
As has been planned for many months, simple political restrictions have just now been implemented into the route creation process of the game. This does not affect routes/flights already created, it only affects new routes created after this point in time.
I am calling it "simple" political restrictions because it lacks some of the more detailed aspects of a full system like route-specific restrictions, airport time restrictions, 5th freedom flights, country-specific restrictions and so on. Those will come after the reset as feature enhancements. However, it does offer support for the EU. In short:
If you are not based in the EU:
1) Your flights must begin or end from your home country. Two consecutive flights outside of your home country are not allowed.
If you are based in the EU:
1) Your flights must begin or end from either your home country, or a country in the EU.
2) If you are flying to a country that is not in the EU, the other airport must be in your home country (as in real life).
That's it. As time goes on we will perfect this system and add more restrictions and allowances to reflect real political restrictions. For discussion see this thread in our forums.
Two changes have been made to the reputation system today:
1) I have altered the passenger expectations in all classes. In general, expectations of all passengers have been lowered, most noticeably in economy class.
More specifically, the formula for flight time vs expectations used to be linear, y=mx+b format. That has been changed to a logarithmic formula. I believe that better represents real life expectations. It will act similar to a linear formula for shorter flight times - meaning expectations increase rather steadily up until around the 10 hour mark - after that the expectations begin to level off.
2) Passengers will now purchase more snacks and beverages on longer flights. Previously they would only buy snacks and beverages 1 time per flight. Now they will buy 1-4 times per flight depending on the length of the flight.
As long as your flight's class reputation meets the passenger expectations for that class, and for that flight length, you will get 100% rep in that class for that flight. A 3 hour flight will not have an expectation of 100%, even for first class. The exact expectations are not published information, but generally, the longer the flight, and the higher the class, the higher the expectations.
You can discuss this change on our forums or on Discord.