There will be scheduled maintenance on January 3 at 17:00 UTC. We will be performing server hardware upgrades to address the issue with automatic route scheduling. The game will be unavailable during this time.
See the forums for more details or join us in chat.
You can now click on an airport on your route map, and it will display the routes that you fly from that airport.
If you have a lot of routes from a particular airport it may be difficult to click on the circle, we are working to see if we can address that.
Players can now participate in used aircraft auctions, a new addition to the used marketplace.
To put an aircraft up for auction, click the sell aircraft button on the aircraft details page, and under the auction section, choose a length and reserve price.
Aircraft auctions work much like eBay. You set your maximum bid, and the system will automatically increase your bid up to your maximum, in the event that another airline bids on the aircraft. If the reserve is not met, the aircraft is returned to the seller. If the reserve is met, the aircraft will be sold to the highest bidder at the close of the auction.
Auctions can be accessed here, or under the Fleet menu.
Two new cost categories have been added: Employee benefits and employee travel/lodging costs. These are viewable on your income statement, and will go into effect during the next weekly payroll on October 18. These costs are calculated and deducted each Friday along with payroll and the rest of the weekly costs. They are calculated based on a percentage of the employee’s salary.
Read more on our forums
There will be scheduled maintenance on July 25 at 03:00 UTC. We will be performing core software and game components upgrades and updates. In addition, we will be performing some preparatory work for our new forums and other features.
See the forums for more details.
The bug in which loadfactors would drop considerably based on changes in marketing spend has been tentatively fixed (tonight's auto-scheduler run will tell for sure).
If you have good loadfactors and drop marketing spend, your loadfactors should no longer instantly drop the next time routes are scheduled. It should be a gradual decline, as was originally intended with this feature.
During daily maintenance tonight, the game will begin to calculate route awareness. Right now this is based off of the frequency (number of times you fly) each route. (one route meaning an origin -> destination pair). If you fly a route more often, it will have higher awareness. The way route awareness is calculated will evolve in the coming weeks with the adjustment of how airline marketing works and the addition of route-specific marketing campaigns.
Currently, there is no way to see the route awareness of each route you fly. Most likely it will be added to the route overview page, but we are also working on improving the efficiency of that page since at the moment it can take quite long to load depending on how many routes you operate.
The following updates have been implemented into the awareness system:
1) Marketing now takes 7 days to "ramp up" and receive full benefits, but it also takes 7 days for the effect to fully deplete if you remove any marketing.
2) Natural growth rate of awareness has increased slightly.
3) You can now view a daily history of your awareness by clicking the awareness icon on the airline overview page. For now it is a simple list, but eventually it will be a graph.
Remember, it is not necessarily required to max out marketing. Your marketing ROI depends on how you allocate your budget among the various options. Each marketing type has a "sweet spot" where you will get the best return on your investment.
This weekend we will make two changes:
a) Marketing will have a "lingering" effect - Awareness will slowly accumulate and then slowly degrade when you set or remove marketing.
b) Natural growth rate of awareness will be increased slightly.
This should make the start of the game slightly easier than it is right now. We are also working on a new quick-start guide to help better explain how the game works in it's current version.
Welcome to the reset game world! A few changes have been made to the game, so please take some time to read about them:
1) Gate utilization has been enabled again. Dedicated gates give you 10 slots per day, and shared gates give you one slot. Each time you land at an airport, you use one slot. If you land at an airport with insufficient slots, you will have to pay a penalty that is higher than the cost of 1 shared gate. Additionally, airports now have limits on the number of dedicated gates each airline can lease, based on the size of the airport. The limit ranges from 4 to 10 gates. There is no limit on the number of shared gates you can lease. In the future, terminal buildings will be implemented as an option in the infrastructure page. We would also like to have aircraft use different amounts of slots based on their turnaround time, but that will be implemented in the future.
2) Marketing and airline awareness has been fully implemented. Awareness is not simply a re-branded reputation. Reputation does not factor into awareness at all, instead it consists of: airline age, marketing spend, the size of the airports you serve, number of routes, number of countries you have a presence in, and number of passengers transported. For a brand new airline, awareness will be low. As you expand and fly to more destinations, your awareness will increase. Spending on marketing is crucial if you want to increase your awareness at a faster rate. Marketing is charged daily.
3) You can now reset your airline once per week instead of once every two weeks.
4) DC-9-30 and DC-3 have been added to the game, and several aircraft including the MRJ and A319CJ have been removed. Several aircraft received updates to their in-game specifications. Fuel consumption has been adjusted for the ATR family, and maintenance costs for prop aircraft have been reduced by 10%.
5) Interest rates on both the initial starter loans as well as normal loans have tripled, and you are now required to make a minimum daily payment on loans equal to 2x the interest charge (this is done automatically, and all payments go towards the principal of the loan).
6) Some older aircraft and aircraft that are out of production are now limited. There is only a certain number of them in rotation within the game world, and once all aircraft are owned by players, no new ones will be generated on the used aircraft market. Additionally, exceptionally old and brand new aircraft are less likely to appear on the used market.
7) Some adjustments have been made to the number of employees required.
8) The "2nd day skip" bug that would occur when you activate a new route, where flights would schedule for that day, but not the following day (as the route did not exist when the auto scheduler ran), has been fixed. Now upon activation of a route, the game will schedule the flights for both today, and tomorrow if applicable.
9) Quick flights are now known as transfer flights, and do not transport any passengers.
10) There have also been many bug fixes and minor enhancements, some you will see, and some are purely in the back-end. A patch was applied to the route activation system so that you can now start a transfer flight and then schedule a route that starts after the transfer flight has finished turnaround. Search boxes have also been implemented on some pages across the game. Further UI enhancements are in the pipeline as well.