Political Restrictions
Not really sure about that. I can tell you there will be at least 2 more (the upcoming one + the final reset once we transition out of public beta) but in between those two I'm not sure how many there will be.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
I am also very glad to see these restriction come into place.
One quick question:

Will the restrictions work on a route by route basis or a sector by sector basis?

I have a route that goes:
VIE - SIN - AKL - SIN - VIE
So the route itself originates in the EU and ends in New Zealand, but because of the distance the aircraft has to make a stop in SIN. This is not a separate route though, only a sector.

Thanks

stefan
The game treats that as a separate flight. assuming you are based in the EU:

VIE - SIN allowed
SIN - AKL not allowed
AKL - SIN not allowed
SIN - VIE allowed

A route can consist of many different flights and each flight must adhere to the restrictions.

Technical stops and 5th freedoms are not yet implemented.
https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/aust...-agreement

Basically Australia and New Zealand can do the same thing as what the EU is doing right now. Flights originating in their home country can continue to the other and then to another international destination (Christchurch - Sydney - Beijing, by a New Zealand Airline, for instance). Australian airlines can operate domestic services in New Zealand and vice versa. (such as Jetstar flying Auckland-Christchruch)
(02-03-2019, 07:54 PM)fsclips Wrote: I am also very glad to see these restriction come into place.
One quick question:

Will the restrictions work on a route by route basis or a sector by sector basis?

I have a route that goes:
VIE - SIN - AKL - SIN - VIE
So the route itself originates in the EU and ends in New Zealand, but because of the distance the aircraft has to make a stop in SIN. This is not a separate route though, only a sector.

Thanks

stefan

Agree. I'm glad to see something done to reduce random spamlines, but we could really use  system that still allowed flights of this type by making use of a fuel stop. Basically, the only way to fly Australia to Europe is to grab a 350 ULR. Otherwise, the normal routes (SYD-SIN-LHR or MEL-HKG-CDG) that are flown every day in reality won't work now.
how about buying or leasing short ranged planes that are far from your hub?
@michaelsuan1 right now there is a bug that allows you to schedule routes successfully without having to fly it back to base, so you should probably abuse it for now. (Though I believe Unk will do something about that). I guess Unk is in the midst of implementing technical stops so that it could allow for Long haul carry flights.
Quick flights will remain as a way to transport aircraft (with no passengers) and political restrictions will not apply to those transfer flights.
are quick flights exempted on the calculation of reputation?
I hope fifth freedom will be implemented soon, but for now I am very happy to see unk cutting down on spamlines with these restrictions. Nice work!
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]